Let’s face it. After a long day of work and juggling our errands and social outings, many of us don’t have an abundance of free time to work out. But what if we told you there was a way to burn fat and build lean muscle mass that was super-short, but super-effective?
Signup & Get Early Bird Access To Our Personal Training App
Behold, the power of Tabata!
Tabata is a form of High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) comprised of exercises that target the major muscle groups and combines cardio and resistance training. This total-body Tabata routine is the best solution for getting major results in little time — it’ll be tough, but it’ll take you just 35 minutes.
This workout has a total of four circuits, which will target different muscle groups and systems of the body. Each circuit should be done separately. Complete each exercise for 20 seconds, followed by a 10-second rest period. Your goal is to complete as many repetitions as possible per exercise within the given amount of time. Go through the “seconds on, 10 seconds off” cycle four times per exercise before moving on to the next one in the circuit list.
- Jumping Jacks
- Star Jumps
- Squat Jumps
Upper Body Circuit
- Diamond Pushups
- Tricep Dips on Floor, Chair or Bench
- Plie Squats with Calf Raises
- Side Squat to Hip Abduction on Right Leg
- Side Squat to Hip Abduction on Left Leg
- Walking Lunges
- Russian Twists
- Mountain Climbers
- Moving Plank
Benefits of Tabata HIIT Workouts
- Tabata will improve your aerobic capacity.
- Your body composition will change, causing you to build muscle mass while also burning fat. This will aid in muscle definition and toning.
- You’ll torch more calories from doing HIIT than you will from completing a steady-paced cardiovascular workout in a given period of time.
- No equipment is necessary to do HIIT workouts, which means they can be done anywhere at anytime. However, if you are at a gym or have access to exercise equipment, you can use one or more of these items for an added challenge: barbells, kettlebells or resistance bands.
- Your metabolism will get revved up. HIIT causes your body to go into the anaerobic zone, while also stimulating the production of the human growth hormone (HGH). HGH is responsible for increasing caloric burn, and it also plays a role in slowing the aging process. What a win win!
- HIIT workouts can be tailored to help you achieve your personal fitness goals. If you’re looking to target specific trouble spots, you can select exercises that focus on exercising muscles in those areas.
Leave a Reply