These killer medicine ball workouts combine cardio and resistance moves to help you build strength and blast fat. Combined with HIIT (high intensity interval training), they’re tough, but seriously effective.
Signup & Get Early Bird Access To Our Personal Training App
Try them on different days to see which one works best for you.
1. Medicine Ball Burpee Finisher
Aim to complete this circuit four times with 1 minute of rest after the burpee (the last station during the circuit) in each round.
- Begin with pull-ups and maintain a full range of motion as you complete as many as you can for 30 seconds.
- After 30 seconds, transition to jumping jacks for a total of 60 reps.
- Last, complete 20 medicine ball burpees as your lungs and legs scream for oxygen with a burning passion.
2. Jump Rope Finisher
Just like the last HIIT workout, you’ll complete this circuit four times with a total of 1 minute rest after the jumproping of each round.
- Begin with mountain climbers for a total of 45 reps, though we recommend beginners consider 30 reps, since mountain climbers can be a challenge for beginners.
- After you’ve completed the mountain climbers, perform between 20 and 30 medicine ball pushups.
- Once you’ve finished your pushups, perform the medicine ball front plank for a minute. Hold on—you’re so close to finishing!
- Last and certainly not least, clock in a minute of jump rope.
3. Resistance Band Finisher
Keeping with the theme from the last two, you’ll complete this circuit four times with a minute of rest after the last resistance bands station.
- Begin with jumproping for a hot minute.
- After you’ve fulfilled your rope skipping, it’s onwards to 12 to 15 dips reps. If you’re just starting out with dips, we recommend you consider using the weight assisted dips machine available at most gyms.
- After the dips comes the real fun: medicine ball high knees at 30 reps per side.
- Finish your circuit with 20 resistance bands curls.
4. Abs Interval Workout
Perform this circuit four times with a minute rest after the last station: 20 seconds of half burpees.
- Begin with 40 to 50 crunches, and bid a bittersweet farewell to having ‘not-sore-abs’ for a while.
- After your crunches, dive right into a minute of bicycle crunches.
- Then it’s 15 impossibly testing sit-ups.
- Next you’ve got 15 hanging knee raises.
- And it’s onwards to the medicine ball oblique crunches, with 20 reps on each side.
- Lastly, as you catch glimpse of the light at the end of the tunnel, you have 20 seconds of half burpees!
5. Universal Workout
You’ll perform exercises 1 through 6 for a minute each with little to no rest in between stations using a 6-pound medicine ball.
- Begin with the side lunge and press. Pace well and don’t burn out!
- Next it’s on to the reverse swing. Feel that inner thigh burn, and truck on—you’re almost halfway there!
- Third we’ve got the medicine ball pushup. Brace that midsection, and engage your core!
- It’s on to the sit up and slam medicine ball station. Attack this exercise with passion, and try to breathe easy knowing you’re almost to the finish line!
- And for your last station, give it your all with medicine ball jumping twists.
Leave a Reply