If you’re feeling overwhelmed by the idea of a rocking a bikini this summer, don’t fret: Getting fit doesn’t have to be complicated. With just a few dynamic, compound movements, you can sculpt your body from head to toe and hit the beach with confidence.
Signup & Get Early Bird Access To Our Personal Fitness App
Below are six t body-sculpting exercises to help tone you all over. Do each exercise for one minute before moving onto the next; complete three circuits for a total-body workout. Don’t forget to warm up and cool down with some good stretches.
1. Mountain Climbers
This exercise is a great warm-up to get your core engaged. Be sure to maintain a straight back throughout.
- With your abs engaged, get into a push-up position.
- Take one knee and bring it in quickly towards your chest. Immediately extend your leg back out to original position and repeat with the other leg.
- Do this continually for one minute.
Now that we’re good and warm, it’s time to get to work! Burpees are one of those total-body exercises that really get your heart rate up.
- Perform one push-up.
- Jump your feet as close as possible to your hands and then jump all the way up. That’s one burpee!
- Do as many burpees as you can for one minute.
3. Resistance Band Front Curl And Press
For upper body and arm strength, combine the curl and press together and add a resistance band.
- Stand on the middle of the band holding the handles with your arms at your side.
- Curl your hands up, rotating your palms so they face your shoulders
- Press over your head, rotating your palms so they face forward at the top of the movement
- Make sure that the band is behind your elbows.
- Do this move for one minute.
4. Plank Twists
Another simple and classic plank workout, this exercise is a guarantee to get great abs. Be sure to keep your abs engaged, your back straight and don’t dip your hips.
- Get into a plank position on the floor, supporting your weight on your toes and your forearms. Your arms are bent and directly below the shoulder. Keep your body straight at all times.
- Pivot to one side, raising that arm vertically above you as you twist.
- Pause and return to the starting position. Do one side continuously for one minute, then do the other side for a minute.
5. Jump Squats
This move is challenging, but oh-so effective.
- Stand up straight with your feet hip-width apart. Keeping your back straight, lower into a squat.
- Tap the ground with your fingers or your weight and jump up, trying to let your heels tap your bottom.
- When you’re back on the ground, stand up straight and repeat. Keep jumping for a full minute. Your legs should be on fire!
6. Kettlebell Snatch
Grab a kettlebell and get started on this upper-body movement, which also engages your abs and lower body, too.
- Stand up straight with your feet shoulder-width apart. Hold a kettlebell in one hand.
- Keeping your back straight, lower yourself into a squat position, tapping your kettlebell on the ground.
- Quickly life yourself back up into an upright position, snatching your kettlebell upward and out, next to your head.
- Repeat at least 10 reps using each hand.
Leave a Reply