Do you have an hourglass figure? Lucky you! Those who are blessed with natural curves (and those of us who want the bombshell look) can choose exercises that will tighten and tone, while accentuating that enviable shape.
Signup & Get Early Bird Access To Our Personal Training App
You’ll want to target both your waist and your hips, while carving a tight midsection and working your core, butt and thighs. Be prepared for some tough, curve-defining moves.
Dangerous curves ahead!
1. Side Plank Lifts
- Begin lying down on one side.
- Prop yourself up on one elbow and keep your body in a straight line.
- Lift your hips in the air, keeping your feet on the ground.
- Squeeze your abs and butt. Lower yourself back down so your body just barely brushes the floor before lifting yourself back up (don’t rest on the floor between reps).
- Aim for 3 sets of 15 reps on each side.
2. Back Leg Elevated Dead-Lift
This move really targets your booty.
- Start standing in front of a bench or chair while holding hand weights.
- Bring one foot behind you and rest it on the bench. As your other leg stabilizes you, lean forward with straight arms toward the floor, bending from the waist.
- Keep a slight bend in your knees but try to keep your stabilizing leg fairly straight.
- Squeeze your butt as you stand back in your starting position.
- Do 3 sets of 10 to 12 reps on each leg.
3. Standing Oblique Flexion
- Hold weights in each hand and stand tall to start.
- Keep a slight bend in your knees as you do a side bend, bringing one weight down to the side of your leg as your torso follows.
- Keep your hips still – the movement should be coming from your waist.
- Hold for a few seconds before pulling yourself back to a standing position and repeating the movement on the other side.
- Aim for 3 sets of 15 to 20 reps.
4. Pull-In Crunch
- Start with a regular crunch. Instead of keeping your feet on the ground, though, pull them in too as you crunch.
- After you crunch, push your feet away from your body in a V.
- Then pull back in a crunch.
- Push, pull, push, pull. Go for 3 sets of 10 to 15 reps.
5. Dumbbell Overhead Press
- Stand with weights in both of your hands.
- Press your arms up until they’re straight above your head. Hold before lowering back to the starting position
- Try for 3 sets of 10 reps.
6. Side Kicks
- Start from a standing position. Extend one leg out to the side, kicking your foot out to hip level.
- Hold for 3 counts and return to the starting position.
- Repeat on the same leg.
- Try to continue the movement for 30 seconds on the same leg before switching sides.
7. Lift-Off Lunge
- Start standing with a weight in each hand.
- Step one leg in front of you and lower into a lunge, keeping your arms raised with bent elbows, holding the weights up to your shoulders.
- Come out of your lunge and press your arms and stabilizing leg straight up.
- The leg that was forward in a lunge position comes up into a held position; your knee should bend at 90 degrees as your standing leg supports your body.
- Return to the start and repeat on the other side.
- Work up to 3 sets of 10 to 12 reps per leg.
8. The Bird Dog
- Begin remain on all fours and tighten your abdominal muscles, keeping your spine and neck in a neutral position.
- Slowly extend your left leg behind you while reaching your right arm forward. Keep your hips and shoulders square and make sure your lower back doesn’t arch. Hold for five seconds.
- Slowly return to the starting position and do the move on the opposite side. Do 3 sets of 15 reps on each side.
If you’ve got a curvy body and you want to enhance it (and flaunt it), incorporate these moves into your routine. You’ll have all the right curves in all the right places!
Leave a Reply