Summer’s not even close to being over, which means you’ve still got lots of time to transform your body. Make August the month that you tone up. Complete this fitness challenge and you’ll transform your whole body. It will give you the strength and definition that you’ve always wanted.
Complete this 31-day challenge to get those amazingly toned arms and awesome buns of steel that you have been dreaming about! This challenge is filled with exercises to build muscle and increase your overall strength. This challenge will whip your butt into shape, and it will provide you with a concrete plan to follow in order to make working out an integral part of your daily lifestyle.
There is something scheduled for each day in the month of August, whether it is an arms or legs workout or a rest day. Below, you will see sections that show what the assignments are for each day.
For example, the first section has an arms workout that is to be completed on August 1, 9, 17 and 25. Each workout circuit is supposed to be completed between 2 to 4 sets, depending on your level of fitness. If you’re a beginner, I’d recommend completing the assigned workout two times. For intermediate or advanced exercisers, I suggest repeating the workout for a total of 3 or 4 sets.
For each day’s assignment, you will see the listed exercises, as well as a section that specifies how many repetitions to do for beginner, intermediate or advanced exercise levels.
To clarify, repetitions are different than sets. Repetitions are the total number of times that you are supposed to complete an exercise in a row. After completing the repetitions for each exercise, you will move on to the next exercise and complete the assigned repetitions. Once you have gone through the entire workout, you’ll have finished one set.
By the end of August, you will have completed each of the assignments four times. For example, the first workout is assigned for August 1st, 9th, 17th and 25th, totaling four completions. For optimum results, increase the number of repetitions and/or the number of sets the next time you complete an assignment that you have previously done. You could do 2 sets on August 1st, 3 sets on August 9th, 4 sets on August 17th and 5 sets on August 25th, for instance. See what works best for you!
Tips For The Fitness Challenge
- You can rest for 30 seconds before moving on to the next exercise and you can rest for 5 minutes in between sets. Walk or march in place, while resting, in order to keep your heart rate up and your muscles warm.
- You can choose whatever amount of weight for the dumbbells, barbells and machines that you want to use for these exercises. Do select a weight that is appropriate for your level of strength but that’s also challenging.
- Drink plenty of water before, during and after the workout!
- If you are not familiar with any of the exercises, I suggest that you review online resources to make sure that you are aware of the proper form for completing these exercises in order to avoid any injuries.
- Warm up for 5 minutes before beginning each day’s assignment and also cool down for 5 minutes after each workout. It is recommended that you stretch after completing your workout for increased flexibility and injury prevention.
- To get the most out of this challenge, do cardio and ab exercises, in conjunction with this challenge, as well as eat healthily.