No need for expensive gym memberships or clunky machines — some of the best body-fat burning exercises use just your bodyweight.
The only equipment you’ll need are items you probably have at home, like a jump rope, and a chair, couch, bed, or table to lean on.
Use these 10 exercises below to create a fat-burning, bodyweight workout that you can do just about anywhere.
1. Side Push-Up
- Get into a standard pushup position.
- Turn so that only your right hand and foot touch the ground.
- Raise your left arm straight into the air and keep your left foot layered on top of the right one.
- Slowly begin to raise and lower right side of your body to and from the floor.
- After completing five of these side pushups, switch sides and repeat five more times.
- For an easier push-up, have your knees touching the ground instead of your feet.
2. Plyometric Push-Ups
- Stand with your feet flat on a plyometric box or stand.
- Bend over and reach until your hands are flat on the floor, bending at the knees as needed.
- Perform 10 pushups, always keeping your feet on the box.
3. All-Raised Push-Up
- Set up two stands for your hands and one for your feet.
- Get on the stands, ensuring that you have all of fours (feet and hands) up off of the ground.
- Perform pushups as you would on the floor.
- In the dip portion of the pushup, dip below the level of your hands.
- Repeat 10-15 times before resting.
- Perform a standard squat.
- Hold for five seconds and then kick feet back into a pushup position.
- Complete one whole pushup and then quickly draw your feet back into a squatting position.
- Immediately jump up, reaching for the sky.
- Quickly return to the squat and repeat every step 10 times total.
- Spread your feet a shoulder width apart.
- Without using your hands, bend your knees and lower yourself into an almost-sitting position in mid-air.
- Hold this position for 10 seconds with your arms at your sides, over your head, or bent.
- Stand up and rest for three seconds before starting again.
- Perform 10 repetitions total.
6. One-Legged Squats
- Complete a standard squat, but using only leg at a time.
- Cross the unused leg over the leg that is squatting, or stick it out in front of you for balance.
- Lean against a wall if needed for balance.
- Complete five repetitions per leg to burn fat quickly and build strength in the process.
7. Jumping Jacks
- Place your feet together and put your arms straight above your head.
- Jump, extending your arms and legs out to form “V” shapes.
- Immediately jump back into your straight standing position.
- Quickly perform this jumping jack motion for three minutes straight.
8. Jumping Rope
- Hold one end of a jump rope in each hand with the rope draped in front of you.
- Using your wrists, flip the rope back over your head and behind you, then sweep it forward to complete the loop.
- As the rope approaches your feet, jump over it.
- Continue looping the rope around your body while jumping it, counting each jump as one repetition out of the 15-20 you should perform.
9. Speed-Skater Lunges
- Stand up straight with your arms at your sides and your feet a shoulder width apart.
- Lower yourself, pushing your right foot out behind you and placing your left foot in front of you with knee bent.
- As you perform the leg motion, swing your hands to correspond with the placement of each of your legs.
- Quickly switch legs and arms, swinging them as if ice skating and trying to keep your balance.
- Repeat for three to five minutes. Rest and repeat for three to five minutes more.
10. Arm Motion Lunges
- Perform standard lunges.
- While in your first lunge, hold your arms straight above your head.
- For the next lunge, stick each arm straight out from your side.
- During your next lunge, rotate your arms in small circles out to your sides.
- Switch back to holding your arms above your head to begin again.
- Complete three repetitions of each arm position per lunge and 15 lunges total.