One of the hottest topic trends right now is the one about nootropics, and for a good reason. These nutraceutical agents are made of herbs that improve your concentration and memory while also preventing your cognitive decline as you age. Nootropics are also known to help you sleep better and change your mood for the better. But can these supplements help you lose weight? Let’s find out!
What Is an Herbal Nootropic?
Herbal Nootropics are natural cognitive enhancers made mostly from plants. There are two main categories of nootropics:
- Synthetic nootropics – the ones manufactured in a laboratory;
- Herbal nootropic products – these are natural focus boosters that contain Panax Ginseng, Rhodiola Rosea, and Bacopa Monnieri.
The best ones are natural nootropics, which are proven in improving your brain function and keeping it healthy.
What Are Herbal Nootropics Made from?
The most effective and safest of all, nootropic supplements contain natural ingredients and beneficial herbs. Here are some of the ingredients a great nootropic could be made of:
- Bacopa Monnieri – This ancient herb enhances your brain function. It is a well-known remedy used in Ayurvedic medicine. It protects the brain from the damages made by oxidative stress;
- L-Theanine – This amino acid occurs naturally in tea and some types of mushrooms, but you can also consume it as a supplement. It has a calming effect, and it doesn’t cause drowsiness. For all those reasons, L-theanine is included in performance-enhancing supplements;
- Rhodiola Rosea – you will be able to manage stressful situations a lot better with this adaptogenic herb that improves your mood and lowers anxiety and the sensation of burnout. It appears to decrease mental fatigue;
- Creatine – this is another amino acid that’s used by your organism to produce protein. Many bodybuilding supplements contain this ingredient because it promotes mass muscle growth, but what not many people know is that this compound is also excellent for your brain. It improves one’s reasoning skills and short-term memory;
- Ginkgo Biloba – this leaf extract is proven to boost mental processing, especially in older adults. It lowers stress and regulates blood pressure;
- Panax Ginseng – this is a root that was once used as an ancient medicinal remedy to improve brain function. It provides powerful anti-inflammatory effects and enhances your brain’s function.
What Are the Benefits of Herbal Nootropics?
There are short-term and long-term benefits that occur when you consume nootropics.
Some of the most important short-term advantages of taking an herbal nootropic supplement are:
- Improves your mood and makes you feel less stressed;
- Boosts your memory and your reasoning abilities;
- Increases your energy due to a healthy blood flow that goes to the brain and fuels brain cells;
- Improves your attention and you will be able to focus a lot better;
- You will sleep better and wake up well-rested;
- Once you are relaxed and rested, your creativity will improve as well.
Let’s not forget about long-term benefits:
- Anti-aging effects that are backed by a healthy brain;
- The protection of your neuronal cells against free radicals;
- Brain regeneration supported by repaired cell membranes and the growth of new cells,
Can Herbal Nootropics Help You Lose Weight?
Besides aiding with brain function, it appears that herbal nootropics can also help you lose weight by curbing the sensation of hunger. By doing that, it helps you control your appetite, which will further motivate you to continue following your healthy habits until you achieve your weight-loss goals.
Being in a good place mentally is essential when you want to lose weight. Losing weight and feeling good go hand in hand. The active ingredients included in nootropic formulas can speed up the process of getting slimmer and feeling better.
If you’re looking to boost your focus, feel more relaxed, and achieve better workout performances, then you should probably consider including an herbal nootropic in your daily diet habits. This supplement can also help you lose weight by maintaining a high level of motivation.