Coolsculpting is a cosmetic treatment that removes areas of body fat by freezing the fat cells. Surprised? Yes, this is a real procedure that is FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved and is being used across the globe to help men and women conveniently reduce fat. It offered at certified spa centers like DermaniMedspa and is not considered a medical procedure.
So, what is Cool Sculpting, and is it as useful as is being claimed? Well, let’s learn. Let’s start by understanding what is Cool Sculpting, and then we will figure out how effective it is. We will wind up the writeup by sharing the little tidbits that make Cool Sculpting as fresh as it is.
What is Cool Sculpting?
Cool Sculpting is also known as Cryolipolysis and is a cosmetic fat-reduction process. The FDA approved it in 2010, and since then, this treatment has increased by 823 percent. Research conducted back in 2009, reported that Cryolipolysis could reduce the treated fat layer by almost 25 percent in the treated area.
In this process, a trained practitioner vacuums the skin above the fatty area into a unique applicator tool. This tool then cools the cells and numbs the area. Cooling Sculpting procedure takes close to an hour and needs no recovery time because there are no cuts or incisions. You can get back to your routine right after the procedure.
Cool Sculpting is a gradual process, which means you won’t see instant results. The frozen fat cells may take around 4-6 months to leave the body, and you will notice that your fat will decrease at a slow but constant pace over this period.
Some people experience soreness in the area of treatment. This soreness goes away on its own in a few days.
Is Cool Sculpting Effective in Reducing Fat?
Cool Sculpting has a high success rate and is quite useful when done by a trained professional. This procedure is also known to have fewer side effects as compared to traditional weight loss procedures like liposuction.
Cool Sculpting works efficiently on thighs, belly, sides, and lower back. It can also reduce cellulite from the arms, legs, and buttocks. It has also been used to reduce the excess fat that creates the infamous double chin.
It is important to note that Cool Sculpting is not for everyone. This procedure does not treat obesity but is effective in treating small amounts of fat and works exceptionally well with the fat that is resistant to other methods like exercise and diet. It is efficient in sculpting the body parts that are not in shape and could benefit from some fat removal.
Studies have suggested that Cool Sculpting has the maximum effect when performed by an experienced doctor at a certified place like Dermani Medspa and is supported by exercise and changes in diet. It is one of the most trusted non-surgical methods for losing weight.
Cool Sculpting method permanently removes fat, which means this is not a temporary procedure. The fat that is once frozen and removed will not return, but if a person puts on weight after the process, he/she may add new layers of the fat at the same place and may need to undergo the process once again. There hasn’t been much research on this topic. According to doctors, there is no saying how your body will react to weight and gain, and it can very well bring back the fact that you got removed through the procedure.
7 Things to Know About Cool Sculpting
Here are seven things that you should know about Cool Sculpting. These points are a summation of the details provided above. Keep these in mind and make a decision that is best for your body and fat.
- Cool Sculpting cannot treat obesity. It is meant for removing smaller amounts of fat and cannot help you lose a drastic amount of weight.
- This method may not work for some individuals. It is not yet known why, but, in some people, this procedure may increase the fat percentage in the treated area.
- There are certain risks associated with this procedure, so you should always talk to your GP (General Practitioner) before you decide to go for it.
- Cool Sculpting is a simple cosmetic procedure, but still, it is best performed by an experienced doctor/professional.
- There is no recovery time needed after this procedure. You can drive yourself home after your session.
- Some individuals may experience side effects like pain in the treated area, along with redness, swelling, and bruising. All these issues resolve themselves after some time.
- Cool Sculpting has been proven to be safe and effective. A recent study puts the number of Cool Sculpting cases so far at a whopping two million worldwide. It has an impressive 86 percent satisfaction rate.
Now we know that Cool Sculpting is a wonderful fat reduction method. It is effective in removing small pockets of fat, and the best part about it is, it does not need any cuts or incisions. If you want to try this method to reduce the resistant fat in your body, go ahead, but before that, take care of two things. One: talk to your physician and check if you are the right candidate for the procedure. Two: research and find a place like Dermani Medspa in Sandy Springs that has a proven track record and success rate.