If you are planning to lose weight on HCG Diet for your wedding or a gathering, then you must read this article. It can save you from hell.
What is HCG?
HCG, or Human Chorionic Gonadotropin, is a hormone produced by pregnant women to assist in giving their unborn babies the nutrition they need to grow. It is used as a natural weight loss supplement. There are many reports of huge amounts of weight loss from using this hormone as supplement in conjunction with a very low-calorie diet know as HCG Diet.
Manufacturers of the supplements like HCG diet drops and injections themselves report no side effects from the actual hormone, and the reason being, it is naturally produced in the human body, so it is safe.
Let us get into the side effects of HCG Diet and Supplements
- Doctors say that one of the biggest side effects of doing HCG Diet (500-Calorie Diet) is starving yourself to death.
- you will soon find out is the fact that cravings may set in. Since you are fairly restricted in terms of what foods you’re able to eat on this plan, you may find that you do start to crave what you’ve had to cut out.
Whether it’s dairy products, pasta, breads, or pizza, cravings may be present. To help combat this, make sure that you are including as much variety in the fruits and vegetables that you are allowed to eat so that boredom is less likely to set in. Also, many people have found that carrying a water bottle around with them and drastically increasing their water intake helps curb cravings as well. Click here to learn more on what to eat on HCG Diet.
- Due to the fact that this diet is so low in calorie levels, your protein intake isn’t going to be all that high. While this isn’t really a “side effect,” nutritionists have been counselling us on the importance of healthy protein consumption. To help make the most of it, be sure to choose the leanest sources of quality protein with your lunch and dinner meal. This will help you take in as much protein as possible within the confines of the diet plan.
Chicken and turkey breast top the list for foods that contain almost 100% protein, so be sure that you’re selecting these often.
Hopefully, these tips will help you enjoy the promise of the HCG diet, of losing weight rapidly, safely, and then keeping it off!
- This diet is reported to decrease body weight, but cheating, binging and purging have been reported a quick regain of weight loss when the diet is completely stopped and the dieter returns to their old eating habits.
- Regarding HCG Supplements, doctors say that the injected form of HCG reports side effects, some severe. Among the side effects reported are: headache, restlessness, irritability, depression, mood swings, anxiety, weakness, tiredness, water weight gain, breast tenderness or swelling, and swelling at the site of the injection.
- There have also been reports of some women developing ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome. OHSS is a life-threatening condition that should be reported to a doctor immediately. Its symptoms include severe pelvic pain, swelling in the hands or legs, shortness of breath, weight gain, diarrhoea, vomiting, and difficulty urinating. This HCG hormone should not be used by women who are pregnant or breastfeeding as it can cause birth defects.
- This product should not be used by anyone who has had a hormone-related cancer, a thyroid or adrenal gland disorder, ovarian cysts, heart disease, kidney disease, epilepsy, migraines, or asthma.
- Most of the products sold over the counter or online are Homeopathic with no “real” hormone in them-it is a synthetic preparation designed to mimic the real hormone. In order to receive the real hormone, you must have a prescription from a doctor. Buying anything over the counter or on line that advertises itself as the actual hormone is illegal.
- Most of the online sites do include a disclaimer about their diet drops, stating in essence that it is probably the low-calorie diet that actually does most of the weight loss work. Several companies claim that their blend includes “special enhancers” that assist in weight loss. Most do not list these ingredients because of trade secrets. Overall, many of these sites do advise seeing a doctor for patients with health issues such as diabetes or heart problems, with is a good idea before any extreme diet change. None are reported to interact with other medications, but again-your regular medical provider should be involved in the decision to attempt to lose weight this way.
If a diet sounds too good to be true, then it probably is.
But do not let this discourage you. Weight loss is still possible and will work for you.
So, how to overcome the side-effects?
There are advertisements all over the television and internet for weight loss programs. All of these claims to help you lose the weight quickly and easily.
After researching many of these diet fads I have discovered that many of them do not live up to all of their ‘hype’. If you search reviews and customer referrals, you too will find that the negative reviews are astounding.
The hCG diet has been around for over half a century and you can see the results by looking around. Testimonials are all around you; like that woman sitting next to you at the coffee shop.
Don’t believe me? Look at the before-and-after pictures and testimonials posted all over medically-supervised hCG websites.
You may have heard negative stories about the hCG diet, expressions like: “It doesn’t work.” or “They are just salt water injections.” These individuals most likely found their hCG on illegitimate websites or ordered hCG sprays and drops offline.
Scammers are out there and will sell you faulty products and rip you off. If you are ever tempted to buy hCG sprays or drops, don’t! These products will not work because most of them do not even contain the hormone hCG or only a small amount.
The only way to ensure that you are getting the real product is to visit a medically supervised hCG clinic. At these clinics you must have a prescription to receive the hCG injections.
Tips That Might Help You:
- While on this diet, take a multivitamin daily. The body needs vitamins and minerals to function properly. Vitamin supplements, especially multivitamins can reduce deficiencies, and strengthen the immune system.
- Drink water and herbal teas. It is essential to keep the body hydrated. You want to drink at least 8 eight-ounce glasses of water every day. Herbal teas are calming, refreshing, and generally do not have caffeine in them. Many teas have fruit, or all-natural botanicals in them, and can aid with stomach and digestive problems, and help to cleanse the body and mind.
- Exercise is important. As with any diet plan, you will want to include exercise. Try walking, aerobics, running, strength training, or yoga for 20 – 45 minutes a day, 3 to 5 times a week. The benefits of regular exercise are numerous ranging from and elevated mood and sense of wellbeing, weight loss, and healthy heart and lungs. You stand to gain substantial health benefits by doing 30 minutes or more of moderate-intensity physical activity a day, at least five times a week.
These are very simple HCG diet tips that will help to increase your metabolism, and tame your appetite.
One of the sites approaches the diet side of the equation in a more realistic manner- with weight loss journeys from real users. They say that the fastest weight loss will occur on the 500-calorie plan, they also say that making sensible changes including the elimination of sugar, fats, and starches will also work, only more slowly.
This easy-to-follow diet will have you fitting into those skinny jeans in no time! All you have to do is find a legitimate hCG website, call the office and schedule an appointment, and meet up with a licensed doctor. At this meeting, you will discuss all your options and ask any questions that you may have about the hCG diet. You will never leave feeling confused or unsure. If you have any doubts, do not participate in the diet program.
The point of this diet is to help you feel comfortable and to sculpt a new, healthier lifestyle.
Shannon, a self-employed, foodie and social media junkie lives in St. Louis, MO. Formerly a Nutritionist who left a professional career stay at home with kids. Currently she writes for health and fitness portals which deals with weight loss supplements. You can reach her on FB for weight loss queries.
Leave a Reply