The recent pandemic has put health sharply into focus. There is no room for complacency despite huge advances in medical research. Those who wish to travel to exotic places in the World or those where medical facilities and treatment is not up to the standard experienced at home should look at the medical advice on their intended destination. On occasions, medical precautions against specific diseases are advisory while on others they are mandatory. There is no excuse for ignoring advisory precautions; the ease with which vaccines can be booked and administered means that there are minimal excuses for not getting in touch. Complacency and idleness should not sit well in the mind of any traveler keen to see the World or scheduled for a business meeting in a faraway country.
It Couldn’t Be Easier
Clients new and old can make an appointment online which will be confirmed via an email. Even if your need is urgent, you need have no worries because in almost all cases, a same-day appointment will be available. A doctor will be there to discuss with you what is needed, and advise where additional vaccines may be a good idea. The location close to Grand Central Station is easy to access with the competitive pricing an additional benefit.
Diseases Needing Vaccines
Many diseases that have been eradicated in the Developed World are still a problem elsewhere.
- Yellow fever is a disease transmitted from an infected mosquito. It is now confined to countries within West and Central Africa and the Amazon Basin of South America.
- Typhoid is treated by a shot or orally to combat a serious condition caused by bacteria, usually in water but sometimes food. Up to 20 million people catch it annually and it is thought that there may be as many as 150,000 deaths each year. Affected areas include Central America, Africa, South East Asia and the Western Pacific.
- Hepatitis A attacks your liver and is a result of contaminated food and water. It can develop in places with poor sanitation but these days most recover from an attack.
- Hepatitis B is more serious and life-threatening but vaccine protection removes any risk. It is a condition found in many parts of the World including the Eastern Mediterranean, Africa, South East Asia, the Western Pacific and Central America.
- Tetanus is most common in mothers and newborn babies and most prevalent in medically deprived countries where vaccination is not commonly available.
- Malaria remains a world killer where treatment is not readily available: Sub Sahara Africa, South East Asia, the Americas and Western Pacific. Travels to affected regions require treatment before their journey.
- Meningitis is a disease which the World Health Organisation hopes can be wiped out totally in the next decade. Currently, it is found in pockets in West and Central Africa.
- Rabies is contracted from a bite from an infected animal but can be prevented by vaccination.
- Japanese Encephalitis is a condition related to yellow fever and is most common in rural parts of Asia.
- Cholera is another widespread disease wherever water and food is contaminated. It originated in India with Asia and Africa still the continents where people are most at risk.
Popular Destinations Requiring Your Attention
The regions of primary concern are some parts of Central and South America, Africa as a whole, Asia, especially South East Asia and the Western Pacific. It is often in the rural areas where travelers are most at risk.
Personalized Service and More
When you visit a travel clinic, the doctor will discuss your travel plans and the implications of the areas you are visiting. Where a vaccine is just advisory, you will not be persuaded to have a vaccine if you prefer not to be vaccinated. You should note that it will be a fully qualified doctor you will talk to, not an assistant or nurse. It means that if there are any reasons such as age, gender or existing medical reasons why you cannot have a vaccine, you will be told.
Preparing for foreign travel is important and that certainly applies to vaccines for remote or underdeveloped countries. You can expect a first class service and best attention at all times. Anything that is practical and advisable is available in the heart of Manhattan.
Leave a Reply