The CBD industry changes each day, not only with new findings related to the properties medicinal effects for specific conditions, but the innovative way manufacturers find to infuse the compound into everyday products.
The challenge for scientists in determining the efficacy of commercial products is the contradiction in doses that people are taking in comparison to what is being used in the clinical studies. The research teams are using significantly higher doses on the subjects as compared to the lower doses in those items being sold, and the substance is injected straight into the bloodstream with the trials.
That is not saying that there are not efficient applications available on the market capable of direct bloodstream access. Each formula has its own absorption capacity and method for metabolizing in the body with edibles, inhalation, oils, topicals. But what about some of the oddball designs? We will have to wait for the verdict on those. Check here for a 2020 survey with a variety of interesting CBD statistics.
CBD Oil Products
Cannabidiol manufacturers are constantly finding innovative ways to implement the compound even using standard, everyday items in an effort to make application for people simplified, discrete, and practical, but how does that speak for the efficiency of the substance? Efficacy will still depend on the condition, absorption, and dosage.
- Toothpaste: The toothpaste can be viewed similarly as applying the oil to the gums. The idea is to help with gum pain and reduce symptoms associated with gum disease along with preventing further decay with teeth.
The suggestion is that you would need to brush for an extended length of time to gain benefit with this product. But then there have not been trials to test the efficiency either way.
- Athletic Wear: Typically, when it comes to cannabidiol in the topical form, these need to be directly applied to the affected area to have therapeutic benefit.
If you wear the product in the form of clothing, it does not seem it would have the same direct capacity as massaging it in. There is no genuine thought process in the compound efficacy or the absorbability into the body from fabric or the amount of time that it would take to do so.
Claims suggest manufacturers designed the garments using a process known as “microencapsulation technology.” The idea is to trap the substance’s particles for release as the workout progresses.
- Halloween Candy: These can’t technically be considered as “weird” but they’re a novelty in “gummies” form, so you would ingest them in the same way as you would with the edible.
You should not give these out to children for trick or treat, but maybe pass some to mom or dad as they come by with their kids, if you would be so inclined. Or, perhaps, have a party and use them as favors. You would be sure to be a hit.
- “Chew” : Investing in CBD products like this might be considered as wacky, but it’s actually kind of a good kind of weird. There are a significant number of people who indulge in chewing tobacco products. It is addictive and genuinely unhealthy.
CBD chew has the potential for helping break the habit. It allows for the psychological component of the habit but provides health benefits instead of harmful effects.
- Hand Sanitizer: If you’re having challenges with your hands this serves a multitude of purposes as a type of “topical” formula. Some people suffer with arthritis in their hands, meaning the CBD-infused product would ease the pain associated with the condition along with killing the germs, bacteria, plus cleansing the surfaces.
The only issue with this product is it notes to contain alcohol, which is a bit of a contradiction to the all-natural tone CBD presents. If it were organic it might prove to be a better option for people who prefer those options.
There are many more unusual yet “anecdotally” beneficial and practical items out there like bedsheets and sex aids/love potions meant to add spice to the bedroom and help you to relax and get some much-needed sleep. These are likely novelty items, difficult to find. Most reputable brands, see http://www.cheefbotanicals.com will offer the traditional products. The popularity for these is soaring.
The public is making waves over these unusual items as well, though. Maybe they will actually be clinically proven effective given time.