Whatever your reasons for putting down the liquor, expert bartenders around the world are making sure that your nights out (or in) are anything but boring. Alcohol-free drinks have gained popularity with the masses for their great flavour, even in the absence of spirits. Without the strong liquor punch to mask the taste, your palate will be taken on a journey of explosives flavours. Virgin cocktails present infinite possibilities for you to explore your mixology skills.
It’s all about creating an enjoyable and inclusive drinking experience for your visitors, non-alcoholic drinkers included. So get ready to climb to the next level of your creativity and serve your no-alcohol mixed drinks in a fun and creative way. Make sure you have some vivid garnishes, buckets of ice, and some ornamental glasses to transform your mocktail into something terrific.
Stock Up Like a Mixologist
Recreating the magic of a night out at your favourite bar shouldn’t be hard. If anything, this should be an opportunity to curate your own pleasures and mix up your own concoctions
Here are the fundamentals for each DIY bar, and how you ought to utilise them to bring the bar to your home. The best part? You can purchase them online from the comfort of your couch any time.
- The Essential Cocktail Set – Mixes all standard drinks, from Daiquiri to Negronis.
- Danuta Silver Trimmed Double Rocks Glasses – Large enough to hold Martinis and Boulevardiers on the rocks.
- Spiegelau Universal Wine Glasses – For an authentic pub experience, serve your non-alcoholic beverages in these fancy glasses and sip away.
- Wine Breather Decanter – Aerates drinks to add an extra punch.
- Stainless Steel Wine Bottle Chiller – To stand your bottled drinks in and enjoy chilled mocktails.
- Whiskey Sphere – Place it in your glass and pour the spirit-free beverage to chill to perfection.
There is no time for boring recipes, and these non-alcoholic beverages make sure that every moment is an adventure. The depth of each flavour will make everyone forget there are no spirits in your punch.
Let’s jump right into the recipes!
1. New York Sour Mocktail
Spoil yourself with this simple, summer refreshment. Enhanced with some pomegranate, lemon, tea, and maple syrup, it’s as glamorous as it’s distilled version.
- 1 teaspoon (assam) tea leaves (50ml tea)
- A couple of drops of vanilla extract
- 25ml lemon juice
- 3 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon egg white
- 10ml pomegranate juice
- Transfer 150ml heated water with some tea fronds for flavour infusion, then sieve the solids. Balance the strength of your tea according to preference, then add some vanilla extract and let it chill.
- Add some lemon extract with the syrup and a third of the tea into your cocktail mixer. Whisk in the egg white and transfer 1 tbsp to the mixer. Churn thoroughly until it’s foamy then dump a chunkful of ice and mix.
- Sieve twice into an ice-filled glass. Fill it all the way up with some pomegranate nectar and water up to 20ml then transfer into the glass. Leave it to settle momentarily as the juice filters below the albumin froth. Enjoy!
2. Fruity mocktail
Prepare this fruit-infused alcohol-free cocktail, complemented with some grenadine and orange nectar. Fresh grapes and berries can be added to texturise it and add a heightened tropical flavour. Another noteworthy ingredient to shock your taste buds is some delicious ginger ale.
The Cinderella, as it is fondly known, is a simple mixture of three extracts, allowing you to curate a vacation in your mouth. Its sharp foundation is mellowed by the grenadine’s sugariness, which can be adapted to suit your taste buds.
- 30ml fresh lemon extract
- 30ml orange juice
- 30ml pineapple nectar
- Dash of grenadine
- 60ml ginger ale (or club soda)
Variations: 2 dashes Angostura Bitters
Garnish: Pineapple and orange slices
- Place the ingredients and add the extracts into the cocktail mixer. Thoroughly sieve the drink and pour the juices, grenadine, and bitters into a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Mix well.
- Sieve into a pre-frosted, elegant pitcher glass with crushed ice. Top up with some ginger ale. Decorate with pineapples cut into discs and enjoy
- You can also sweeten it to taste by adding more or less grenadine.
3. Distinguished Guest
Prepare this bubbly and fruity non-alcoholic refreshment at a gathering, for an unforgettable summer, but with none of the intoxication. Incorporate a liquor-free spirit with a fiery, complex flavour from the saline extract.
The fresh cucumber adjusts the tartness of cranberry in this Cape Codder twist work of art. Beat the summertime heat with this refreshing glass.
- 60ml cranberry juice
- 22ml fresh squeezed lime
- 22ml syrup
- 2 slices cucumber
- 5 drops 10% saline solution
- Combine the extracts with the simple syrup, and double strain into coupe glasses.
- Bedeck with a cucumber ring.
4. Virgin Pina Colada
For a momentary escape to the tropics, try this fabulous mocktail. It’s a summer staple worth all the attention it gets and more. With the cream, the beverage is delectably transformed into a smoothie taste.
Kick back and escape worldly worries with this non-alcoholic piña colada with a rich tropical taste. It’s velvety with a perfect balance of sweet and acidity, one sip and you’ll be ensnared.
- 1 bag frozen pineapple wedges
- 4 large ladles of ice cream (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- Pineapple cube, for serving
- Maraschino cherry, as garnish
- In a food processor, blend the coconut milk, ice cream, frozen pineapples, pineapple nectar.
- Distribute into separate serving glasses and spice it up with a cube of pineapple and colourful cherry.
5. Pomegranate Mojito Mocktail
Experience a refreshing, non-alcoholic mojito mocktail recipe that skips the intoxication and packs all the merriment of summer.
This traditional mint-and-lime twist serves delectable pomegranate seeds and nectar. Have a taste of summer your way!
- 3 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- Large handful mint
- 2 limes, sliced into four, plus rings to serve
- 1L pomegranate liquid
- 500ml lemonade
- On the day before your event, distribute the pomegranate seeds between the divisions in an ice tray, fill it with water and refrigerate.
- Reserve half the mint for garnishing, and chop the rest and put it in a jug with the lime quadrant. Get a rolling pin and smash the mint and lime to extract the flavours.
- Throw in the lemonade and pomegranate water. Add ice to each glass, and sieve over the pomegranate mix. Serve with lime slivers and extra mint.
6. Cloudy Tokyo
Serve up a sophisticated alcohol-free sidecar, mocktail and experience the Chicago streets, where it originates.
The Cloudy Tokyo is a cordial-like beverage made from coconut, coconut and more coconut. The sweet and subtle notes from the green tea make this an exquisite mocktail to share with friends.
- 150ml green tea, chilled
- 15ml coconut milk
- 450ml coconut soda, chilled
- Blend the chilled tea and coconut milk into a tall Highball chalice.
- Top with cold soda.
7. Mango Mule
Play around with one of the tastiest fruits on the planet for some sweet, tropical flavours. This stunning, alcohol-free G&T mocktail exploits the mint freshness and the tangy ginger flavour.
Mix this stunning mocktail sure to bring the summer feeling to any party. Feel free to add an extra squeeze of honey to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- 4-5 slices of cucumber
- 30ml honey syrup
- 45ml mango puree
- 45ml fresh lime juice
- 45ml ginger beer
- Chop the mango up and toss it into a blender to make mango puree.
- Mix the cucumbers and honey syrup into a cocktail shaker. Add the mango puree and lime juice and shake it well with ice.
- Strain into a copper mug. Fill it up with ginger beer and lime extract. Decorate with mango slices, lime and mint. Serve and enjoy!
8. Citrus Fizz
Treat you and your visitors to an exquisite, citrus mocktail. Garnish your glasses with some candy rims to make the highlight of your alcohol-free party.
- 50ml Seedlip Grove 42
- 20ml organic marmalade cordial*
- Sparkling water
- 20ml squeezed grapefruit extract
- 20ml squeezed lemon juice
- 30ml lavender syrup
- 90ml Club Soda
- Half-wheel of grapefruit for serving
- Mix Seedlip and cordial in your flute and fill it up with cold sparkling water. Combine the marmalade with 150ml boiling water, sieve and refrigerate.
- Dunk the glass rim into the orange extract and then sugar.
- Stir in the remaining orange nectar with the line extract and then transfer to a glass. Fill up with water but don’t over dilute.
- Mix fresh grapefruit extract with lemon juice and lavender nectar into a cocktail shaker and add ice.
- Strain into an iced glass and fill it up with soda and decorate with a sliver of grapefruit
9. Virgin Cucumber Gimlet
Utilise the ultimate summer staple to create stunningly refreshing cocktails. The lemons adds amazing citrus notes, and complementing it with the soda fizz gives it a delightful twist. Serve adorned with mint.
- 300g fresh cucumber
- 15ml lemon juice
- 150g ice (crushed)
- 1 Soda
- 1 mint or basil sprig (for serving)
- Syrup (sweetener)
- Combine all the ingredients in a cocktail mixer and add ice.
- Transfer into a glass and top up with soda.
- Serve in a rocks glass over smashed ice. Garnish with a rolled cucumber slice and mint
10. Shirley Ginger
Behold, here lies one of the mocktail pioneers named after famous child celebrity, Shirley Temple. The actress made a name for herself beyond film, and this drink is one of those odes.
This beverage adds a fun spin to your ordinary pop. It includes extra fruity pleasantness from the grenadine. Bring one of the loved classics into your home and impress all your guests with this superb mix.
- 4 cups Lemon Lime Ginger Beer
- 1 cup club soda
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- ¼ cup grenadine
- Mix the ginger beer with some lime and soda, and add the grenadine into a pitcher. Transfer into tall, elegant glasses with ice. Ornament them with lime rounds and or maraschino cherries.
- Add two sodas instead of one to incorporate a refreshing summer, citrus flavour. The ginger ale brings in warm spicy tones.
Tips for Making Great Alcohol-Free Cocktails
Want to make your mocktails stand out? Consider these tips.
- Lavish Garnishes – Decorate your drinks creatively.
- Fancy Glasses – Go all out with your glassware and choose fun ways to serve your drinks.
- Balance Sweet and Tangy – A dash of bitters adds incredible notes to your mocktails.
- Infused Flavours – Suffused syrups add an extra extravagance.
- Citrus – Balance sweet with a squeeze of fresh citrus flavours.
Whatever your reasons for cutting back on the booze, these sophisticated non alcoholic beverages will keep you refreshed. Let your creative side go crazy and treat your taste buds to these fantastic flavours.